I thought it might be a fun idea to tell you all 25 things about me that I haven’t really shared on my blog! The weather’s really horrible at the moment so I haven’t been able to get out to do any outfit posts. I hope you enjoy the post! Let me know if you agree with me on any of these things!
1. I absolutely love horror movies. They’re my favourite type of film to watch – especially in the cinema where you can hear all of the creepy low frequency sounds. I have one particular friend who always goes to see them with me and we critique them for hours afterwards.
2. I’ve never been stung by a bee and I’m kind of terrified I’ll find out I’m deathly allergic when it inevitably happens.
3. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I say ‘How are you?’ to someone and they reply with ‘I’m good.’ without asking how I’m doing. Call me crazy but steam starts to come out of my ears when this happens! Common courtesy people!
4. I love the shower and the bath. I know most people do, but I kind of take it a step further when I’ve been in the bathroom for an hour just sitting under the warm water. I’m going to blame this on the fact that, growing up Australia was stuck in the middle of a decades-long drought and short showers were kind of all you could do when dam levels were at 9%! Now that we’re no longer in such an extreme drought, it’s baths all the way!
5. I used to love flying but in the last couple years (what with all of the highly-publicised airplane disasters) I’ve actually become a bit of a nervous flyer…
6. I love riding horses and went to boarding school in the country for my first two years of high school by choice because it had its own equestrian centre. I still go riding when I can out in the country at a place near Bathurst called Yarrabin. We went there not long ago, check out my posts here and here.
7. Even though I’m well and truly an adult, I still get way too excited about Christmas. It’s just that now I get giddy about Starbucks Christmas cups and sparkly high heels!
8. Although I worked in TV, I still wholeheartedly believe in the magic of television. So much so, that I always turned down visits to TV sets so it didn’t spoil the show for me.
9. I love to cook and bake but for about ten (10!!!) years we didn’t have an oven! So I was doing everything in this dinky little microwave oven. Now that we have our new lovely Miele, you can’t keep me out of the kitchen!
10. I’m an aural learner. I have to listen to someone explain how to do something. Reading notes just never helps me.
11. I recently discovered chai and matcha lattes and now I’m addicted.
12. I have a lovely collection of high heels but I just can’t walk miles in them like some ladies can. When I commute to work and back, I’m always wearing my fave Nikes or ballet flats instead!
13. I used to be the biggest anti-morning person ever and working 12 noon to 9pm at my old job didn’t help. But since I’ve joined the rest of the 9 to 5-er’s I can’t even sleep in past 7am! You can definitely change from being a not-morning person into one. I’m proof!
14. Even though I consider myself a hard person to scare (see number 1 in this list), I scare myself silly at night sometimes. All it takes is for me to be lying in bed half asleep and to hear a strange noise in my room (which is undoubtedly just one of my cats) and my heart is racing a mile a minute.
15. My favourite chocolate is Cherry Ripe – for those who are unfamiliar with this delicious treat, it’s a dark chocolate bar with ‘cherry’ and coconut on the inside. Scrumptious!
16. I always give my cats ‘people’ names but they always end up with funny nicknames which morph into other nicknames! Ronnie got the nickname Bunny because she bounces around like a rabbit and it somehow morphed further into Barnsey. The other cat is called Frank but ends up getting Duckling most of the time. Don’t even ask. I honestly don’t know how this happens. It’s evolution people. You can’t stop progress.
17. My favourite modern-day Hollywood actresses are Jennifer Lawrence, Scarlett Johannson, Meghan Markle (now the Duchess of Sussex!!) and Shay Mitchell.
18. I always try to educate myself on wines and good pairings. I guess I’m probably a little bit of a wine snob when I say that my favourite drop is this one specific Bordeaux called Mouton Cadet…
19. Most people think I’m purely a cat-person because I have two of them but I don’t discriminate against dogs! I’m an all-animals-person!
20. I’m a list fiend. I love making lists. Especially shopping lists. At the moment I have separate shopping lists for winter clothes, summer clothes and clothes for my upcoming tropical holiday.
21. I consider myself a pretty creative person. I’m always starting new projects or writing stories. I just have to work harder on finishing them! I’ve had two ebooks published – they’re stories about horses that younger girls will love – you can find them here and here.
22. Chicago is one of my favourite cities. I fell in love with the place when I travelled there in 2011 and I can’t wait to go back some day.
23. Nothing relaxes me more than sitting down to watch my favourite TV shows. What I’m loving right now: literally any true crime documentary on Netflix (just finished ‘Evil Genius’ and ‘The Staircase’) any murder mystery on Netflix (‘The Chalet’ is impeccable!) and ‘Come Dine With Me’ which is insanely hilarious and really sticks out like a sore thumb amongst my other faves!
24. Williams-Sonoma is my happy place. I could spend hours in there looking at every little thing.
25. Coffee is something I just can’t live without. When I first started drinking it I tried mochas a few times but I really didn’t like the taste & I thought I’d be one of those strange people who don’t drink coffee at all! But then I tried my coffee black & without any sugar & that was it! I was a convert. I’ve since progressed to lattes and it is, without a doubt, my favourite time of the day.